Waterbox Peninsula Mini

savetigers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I just ordered a Waterbox Peninsula mini 25 Friday, and wondered if anybody else has one and what equip. they are using with it. IMO, Waterbox aquariums are the sharpest looking rimless tanks on the market. I currently have a Fluval evo 13.5 and its just to limited to what equipment i can use.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello, I just ordered a Waterbox Peninsula mini 25 Friday, and wondered if anybody else has one and what equip. they are using with it. IMO, Waterbox aquariums are the sharpest looking rimless tanks on the market. I currently have a Fluval evo 13.5 and its just to limited to what equipment i can use.

#WelcometoR2R and congratulations on the new system - I agree that that is a very nice tank! @EmilyXLC - any suggestions on equipment for this WB P-mini 25?

OP
OP
savetigers

savetigers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my initial equipment thoughts, AquaMaxx NF-1 skimmer, upgrading return pump with MightyJet dc return pump 538 gph (controllable) and running a IM minimax pro (desktop) media reactor (as needed)

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome,

Can‘t help too much since I have not had a Waterbox other than to say I have heard they are great tanks. Can’t wait to see some pics.

1598228206629.gif

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lazerith

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a waterbox 25. I’m still going trough cycle so it’s just stock with some added filtration media.

1224A974-D9F7-46E9-98E0-AF8071684202.jpeg

Arias_NZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the waterbox 25 also. Running a MicMol Thor Blue, Fluval PS1 Skimmer and an Eheim CompactOn 600 return pump. Happy with the lighting and return pump, not so happy with the skimmer. Its very noisy and doesn't produce decent skimmate.

Have also tried the Tunze 9002, the standard skimmer cup doesn't work in the skimmer chamber and because Im in New Zealand its difficult to get an InTank cup.

Will be trying out the Coral Box S150 next, have ordered and will hopefully receive it next week.

AubreysReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#WelcometoR2R and congratulations on the new system - I agree that that is a very nice tank! @EmilyXLC - any suggestions on equipment for this WB P-mini 25?

I can confirm that my TUNZE 9001 fits pretty well in the P-Mini 25.
Hi, are you happy with your TUNZE 9001? I just ordered my P-Mini 25 a few days ago. Waiting on its arrival. I'm trying to decide which skimmer to buy as we speak. Thanks in advance!

hobie61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can confirm that my TUNZE 9001 fits pretty well in the P-Mini 25.
Hi, Is the tunze 9001 working okay? Many issues or complaints? How long has it been running? I had been waiting for a 9004 version but finally realized the middle chamber on the PM 25 is not big enough. I had read someplace earlier that it would fit so looking for different protein skimmer now. I'm just setting up the tank. Thanks much for your time and thoughts.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back