Waterbox Plumbing Conversion

Jdubyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently in the process of hard plumbing my Waterbox 35.1 and while I have seen a few other posts about this, I haven’t found one specific to what I am looking for.

I believe the 35.1 has a different return pump setup than the rest of the marine series. There is not a normal bulkhead like you see on the larger set up.

The bulkhead looks like this:
BB282503-5BA1-4040-A8AC-C364D1E66FEC.jpeg

There is no nut that tightens it down it is just a male and female threaded fitting with a gasket on the inner (tank) side and an o ring on the other.

I have been struggling to find the threaded metric fittings to make this work. I realized today that the barbed fitting might be a 20mm “pipe” right above the barbed part.

645352F1-3F69-4B2F-8D1D-8BDF2FDA0D00.jpeg

This is standard 3/4 inch pipe over the barb and it lines up almost perfectly with the diameter of the “pipe” section. Can anyone confirm this?

If I were to get the Reef Octopus metric to standard conversion fitting, would it slide right over this?

OP
OP
Jdubyo

Jdubyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone who may run into this, The standard to metric fitting does not fit over this. I ended up buying from the same manufacturers who make this bulkhead . Here is a link where I bought the bulkhead Flowcolour Bulkhead. It’s made in China so I’ll have it here in a month or two ;Dead

Arcu2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone who may run into this, The standard to metric fitting does not fit over this. I ended up buying from the same manufacturers who make this bulkhead . Here is a link where I bought the bulkhead Flowcolour Bulkhead. It’s made in China so I’ll have it here in a month or two ;Dead
How did your plumbing turn out? I clicked on the link and got no where. Running into the same issue.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back