Waterbox sump question

  • Thread starter Thread starter sck90
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sck90

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2024
Messages
120
Reaction score
93
Location
Québec (Canada)
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a question regarding water level and compatments in my waterbox marine-x 90.3. I might be wrong (and I wish I am), but it seems to me that the water level of the skimmer section fluctuates with the level of the return pump section because of evaporation, like they are just one compartment. The only way to have a constant water level in the skimmer section would be, if I get it right, to have water just falling over the baffle section, as shown in the photo below (taken from waterbox website). But this is approx 7 inch high, which is too low for my skimmer (8-9 in required). Also, I find that having more water in the sump makes the sound of the water falling into the filter socks section really less noticeable. So now my water level is around 10.5 in and I put 2.5 in of eggcrate under my skimmer. Maybe I do have way too much water in my sump ?

I am curious if other waterbox owners have the same experience.

Thanks !

Screenshot_20240624-153624.png PXL_20240624_194811684.MP.jpg
 
Ok guys I figured out. I lowered the water as supposed to be and the skimmer runs just fine. Thanks anyways !
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new