Waterbox vs Planet

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there are lots of threads like this so i apologize but hoping to get some specific feedback. I am looking at getting the waterbox reef lx 270 or the PlanetAquariums Crystaline (96x24x21) but can't quite decide. I am going to be getting a ray, with a custom lid so it can't escape. I like the metal framing and depth of the lx (30 inches compared to 24) since it will help the ray in turning around, as well as the glass overflow. But the base and real wood construction of Planets is also nice and its a touch cheaper for comparable gallonage. Any thoughts on build quality, glass clarity, sumps/overflow etc? Or maybe other suggestions if someone has a raving review i should hear about

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with miracles aquariums, and happy so far 2 years in. Glass cages has a presence on here I believe and has good reviews. If you're going custom, get some quotes and make sure you do it right. Lots of variables, stand height etc... I'm very happy with my steel stand with no center bracing.

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with miracles aquariums, and happy so far 2 years in. Glass cages has a presence on here I believe and has good reviews. If you're going custom, get some quotes and make sure you do it right. Lots of variables, stand height etc... I'm very happy with my steel stand with no center bracing.
Thanks so much for the mention @Ocelaris! We are having a ton of fun innovating and serving. Humbly serving the hobbyist the best we can!

@pandaparties, Below is a list of Aquarium manufactures. You have many options to explore. I am sure I may have missed a few. Totally not intentional.

1. Coast 2 Coast
2. Reef Savvy
3. Miracles Aquariums
4. Titan
5. Concept Aquariums
6. Crystal Dynamics
7. Planet Aquariums
8. Advanced Acrylics
9. Midwest Custom Aquarium
10. Fish Tanks Direct
11. Custom Aquariums
12. Acrylic Tank Manufacturing
13. Tank Me USA
14. Crystal Reef Aquatics
15. Aqueon
16. Redsea
17. SCA
18. Acrylic Glass Exhibits
19. GEO
20. Elos
21. Exotic Aquariums
22. Waterbox
23. Cade
24. Innovative Marine
25. Reef Octopus
26. Zero Edge

Operation Philo Beddoe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there are lots of threads like this so i apologize but hoping to get some specific feedback. I am looking at getting the waterbox reef lx 270 or the PlanetAquariums Crystaline (96x24x21) but can't quite decide. I am going to be getting a ray, with a custom lid so it can't escape. I like the metal framing and depth of the lx (30 inches compared to 24) since it will help the ray in turning around, as well as the glass overflow. But the base and real wood construction of Planets is also nice and its a touch cheaper for comparable gallonage. Any thoughts on build quality, glass clarity, sumps/overflow etc? Or maybe other suggestions if someone has a raving review i should hear about
What did you decide? I'm getting a quote for a PE 96x30 24 high, steel stand. Its going to be peninsula with the external overflow.

OP
OP
pandaparties

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you decide? I'm getting a quote for a PE 96x30 24 high, steel stand. Its going to be peninsula with the external overflow.
I went with Miracles and I'm super happy so far. I landed at 108x30x24 so pretty similar size w/ an internal overflow. With a steel stand, cabinetry, starphire glass and a 140g sump for around 11K. 5 year warranty and they were way more responsive than any other company

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 8.7%
Back