Waterbox's Updates to the Reef LX

alw041

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw a video where Waterbox announced that they are redesigning their Reef LX line. The dimensions are getting a little bit bigger, but the big change is it is going from a rimless tank to a euro braced tank.

I love the way rimless looks, but I'm wondering if the the euro brace is a smarter choice. Do you think they are euro bracing them because of tank failures on the rimless version? I'm also thinking that their prices might shoot up like everything else.

So I want some opinions. Go ahead and buy one from their current lineup, or wait until the new design comes out? Thoughts?

1645211795646.png
1645212069902.png

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i would wait. wait for some reviews to come out. sometimes the older version prices shoot down and become very affordable or more affordable to some..

jtichenor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been wondering why the LX 190.4 was no longer available for ordering!

I'm betting the euro bracing (with cross bracing) not only makes them safer, but also allows them to use thinner glass all around. I hate to speculate on pricing though.

I would love to see a new LX with similar dimensions as the Innovative Marine 150 (48x35) but running 24" tall.

slacker036

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a Red Sea XL 525 fall of last year, and decided about a month after receiving it that I should have looked for something with Euro Bracing instead. It's a great tank don't get me wrong, but I don't think it matters if it's a Waterbox or a Red Sea I would sleep better Euro Braced.

OP
OP
A

alw041

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a Red Sea XL 525 fall of last year, and decided about a month after receiving it that I should have looked for something with Euro Bracing instead. It's a great tank don't get me wrong, but I don't think it matters if it's a Waterbox or a Red Sea I would sleep better Euro Braced.

Anything specific reasoning or just piece of mind?

OP
OP
A

alw041

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really interested in the Reef LX 230.5 and 270.6. They are priced 5.5k and 6.5k. I'm a little worried the new models will be 10%-25% higher in price. That seems to be happening in all of my hobbies.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Euro bracing all day on a big tank like that… smart move by WB if you ask me.

jtichenor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh bummer - they discontinued the 48" LX :(

I guess I'll continue waiting on the Innovative Marine EXT 150 then.

Last edited:

greatg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could someone send me the dimensions of the internal overflow box for the LX 270.6?

KimG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone who had a tank split at the seams, I would definitely go with eurobracing. I received a replacement tank (same brand and model as the one that split, not waterbox) and have considered replacing it multiple times just so I can sleep better.

ectoaesthetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stoked to hear they are adding euro bracing as well. I just messaged them today to ask what happened to their LX line… this thread sheds light on that. Thx guys.

I have also heard that net tops are not as critical with euro braced tanks as fish tend to jump at the edge of the glass… that would also be a huge plus to eliminate they screen!!! I do love the look of a rimless but like the look of euro bracing more than a rimless with a lid.

mdowney

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Five months later… nothing. Anyone know what happened to these new products? I was ready to buy the 340.7 but ended up going with a custom builder.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back