Waterline on Rimless Tanks.

  • Thread starter Thread starter philfree
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Mine is right at 1" but wish I had the extra 1/4" as my wave makers can easily splash it over the edge.
 
I'm right at 1".
But I have to be careful of which way I point my Tunze 6055's.
I change the direction around every once in a while and if I'm not careful, I get water splash over the front edge.
 
1.25 for me. That is where Planet Aquariums had the overflow Drain pipe set at. Emergency overflow is set 3/4" higher. If you wanted it lower, I would think you could shorten the drain pipe a little. JMO
 
Just measured mine. Looks like miracles cut the overflow 2 1/4" deep so it runs ~ 2" from the rim with the water level level 1/4" higher than the overflow for skimming. I just trusted them to do what works best and have been happy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new