WAV Pump Stagnation Help on Peninsula

Brandon Rush

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some advice. Have a 6ft long peninsula tank with two Wav's on the back wall. Currently I have them angled 1 notch in towards the glass. Can't seem to break up the stagnation on the top at the other end. Any recommendations on schedules/placement? Tried moving one higher than the other, but that didn't seem to work. Also have one on inverse to do the opposite of WAV 1.

FB_IMG_1612831583122.jpg

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might try to angle one upwards to break the water surface if thats possible.

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an 80" long peninsula and have long bitten the bullet: you have to have a pump in the opposite end of the overflow to have proper flow. If all you care is aesthetics fine, but for health and to prevent detritus accumulation you have to have something in the opposite end. I have a Gyre 350 literally just below the surface on the opposite end and it pushes all detritus straight into the overflow. No dead spots, no Oil film, a lot of surface agitation even at a max of only 30% all across the 80" length. Also learned to live with it and find it the least obtrusive alternative. It would complement your WAVs nicely . (I have another 350 in the overflow to alternate the flow direction throughout the day but the WAVs would do just fine.

Having all the flow in the overflow creates dead zones in the opposite end, too strong flow right next to the overflow making it difficult to place corals.

Just my 2c

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back