Wave maker type/strength and placement without straining silicone

Ryan9212

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering your thoughts on a wave maker that won’t put any strain on the seams of the glass. I know the thoughts on this are mixed but I do have an older tank so I do not want to push my luck. I have a 92g corner tank which is tough to manage flow wise. I have mostly soft corals, lps and some sps so I do not need heavy flow. I have a few power heads but there are some dead spots I am only looking for jebao wave makers or similar so any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Preferably one that turns down at night but is always “on” so it doesn’t create a blender...
My thought is only add 1 with my existing power heads and I plan on mounting it to a piece of plexiglass or something similar toward the back corner. The mount will be mounted somehow to something externally like the wall, etc so there is no pressure/pulsing being pushed against the glass. As far as strength I think 2200 gph would be enough just to get some extra movement and I will mount it lower to prevent any waves at the top of the water. I am basing this flow off the existing flow I currently have.

Let me know your thoughts on this because there are way too many wave makers to choose from and I don’t think I’ve seen anyone do something like this before.
Thanks!

Wyvern

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a jebao SCP90 in my 109 gallon 4ft bowfront, on low it moves a lot of water, but it doesn't thrash them.

I have it set at 50% with pulse so you can see random movement.

Only 2 months old, so take that with a grain of salt.

Back