Wavebox 6208 for Peninsula tank

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

go2ready

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I recently purchased a tunze wavebox 6208 for my red sea peninsula s 700, this tank has a center overflow box on the long end and thats where I put the wavebox on
1708011812965.png

I dont find the wave satisfying tbh and after some reading from @rvitko it seems that the wave would splash into the overflow box thus reducing the wave energy. Is there a better placement for this tank? Could I take out the turbelle pump inside the wavebox and just use it as a standard pump? What accessories do I need for that? As I would rather run it as a standalone pump due to the noise if I couldn't generate a wave large enough

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would make sure it is tuned and installed correctly, while the overflow will reduce wave height, you should still get a decent wave, 1/2" at least and if you dam up the overflow with a Durso or Stockman pipe so the level differential is minimal, just enough to surface skim, the overflow is almost a moot point. At least 3/4" of the wavebox should be out of water, it needs to be able to take in air and displace water, each tank has one perfect frequency, when you have a perfect consistent see saw wave with trough on one side, crest on the the other, you have hit the correct resonance frequency, everything else will be random chaos or a half or double frequency wave which will be much shorter. It does take patience and careful observation to get the timing exact. You can just convert it to a 6095, you would need to remove a set of magnet holders and install clamp 6025.630.

OP
OP
G

go2ready

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Rvitko for the information, much appreciated! Will give it a try worst case I am happy to use it as a 6095!

OP
OP
G

go2ready

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to comeback and say your tip is amazing, I got just over 1/2 inch of wave running now :) The wave persists even when 4xmp 40 + nero 7 started to run, amazing product, need to buy more tunze pumps...

Nicauj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance you have a video and picture of the wavebox placement ? i've got the same tank with two reefwave45 but i feel it is struggling getting to the far end of the tank so i'm looking at options.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back