Wavebox - What am I doing wrong?

GarrettT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I made a wavebox out of 1/8 acrylic and a Tunze 6105 pump. When I put it in action, it would only functionally operate at 20% pulsing at 2sec on, 2 sec off. It accomplishes it objective, but at a very weak output. I made the box12''H x 5.5'' W 5'' D, which is similar to Tunze's 6214 wavebox. The pump was flipped upside down to reduce air from getting sucked in, which again is similar to Tunze's design. Other than a box capacity issue I dont see how the wavebox could handle the amount of flow that I'm wanting to create an optimal wave. Am I missing something? 20% output on a 6105 pump seems awfully weak for a wavebox.
unnamed.jpg

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if this would be helpful for you here or not, but:
Hi Reefers. Its been few weeks i was Searching for some details on a DIY Wave Box , but couldnt find simple detailed making procedure specially on youtube or r2r. Therefore I decided to Try to make one myself with Hit and Trial and It Worked Wonderfully. Here are some details
1. Using a Used Jebao SW-15 Wave Maker which has its own Controller therefore no exclusive controller is needed.
2. All You need is a , minimum SW-15 powered wave-maker as smaller will not work as i experienced with RW-4 etc>
3. A simple 4x4x11 Acrylic is needed to cut , Glue and make a Wave Box>
4. You can Find Detailed Video on Youtube at my Youtube Channel " MQReef " or Full Make Video at Link
5. Search Youtube for DIY Wave Box in Reef Tank
6. I Admire Jebao for making such a powerful pump and budget option for us.

20220113_170345.jpg Reef 14 Jan.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back