Wavebox

tidefanjam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about a tunze wavebox for my new build, any good/bad experience with them? I’ve read that they can shorten the life of the aquarium, but I love the movement I’ve seen with them.( the dinosaur will not be living in the tank)
4DD03344-CEC8-4077-9A4D-9BEAA463042C.jpeg

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing moves water like a tunze wave box. Unfortunately my frogspawn didn’t like it so I just use power heads. It didn’t break my 300DD, so it shortens the life of an aquarium is a myth. I poured coral frenzy on the opposite side of the wave maker and watched the food move from one side to the other

OP
OP
tidefanjam

tidefanjam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing moves water like a tunze wave box. Unfortunately my frogspawn didn’t like it so I just use power heads. It didn’t break my 300DD, so it shortens the life of an aquarium is a myth. I poured coral frenzy on the opposite side of the wave maker and watched the food move from one side to the other
sounds good, i think ill give it a try.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the most successful reefers in my area has one and his tank seems to love it. I think things like gorgonians love it because they come from surge zones with similar flow. @tidefanjam , I'm surprised your frogspawn didn't like it as this tank has tons of euphyllia including torches. I'll tag him to see if he wants to contribute. @ROCO

I took this short video not too long ago which must have been the inspiration for the Tunzee wavebox. :D :D

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.0%
Back