Wavemaker Options in 93 Cube

DSmithZ28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 93 gallon cube and wondering what would be acceptable or sufficient for a mixed reef 93 gallon cube. I know ecotech mp40s and maxspect gyre are the best but I cannot swing that right now. Would a jebao CP25 or 40 work? I can get a CP25 for 70 bucks on eBay. It will be a long time before I get SPS so when that happens I can budget for mp40s

Holy_makerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up the same tank and found a killer deal on a pair of sicce voyager 4 pumps with a controller. My plan is to have one (possibly two) icecap gyres for the main flow and have the voyagers in the back on either side making sure that there is good flow in the very back of the tank.

I'd like to hear how others have set similar tanks up though.

Good luck with your tank! I'm waiting to get electrical updated before i can move forward on mine

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running two MP40s on mine, with them oriented on the back two walls that are against the wall. I am considering adding more flow (probably something directional) too add more randomness. This is for an SPS tank.

OP
OP
DSmithZ28

DSmithZ28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up the same tank and found a killer deal on a pair of sicce voyager 4 pumps with a controller. My plan is to have one (possibly two) icecap gyres for the main flow and have the voyagers in the back on either side making sure that there is good flow in the very back of the tank.

I'd like to hear how others have set similar tanks up though.

Good luck with your tank! I'm waiting to get electrical updated before i can move forward on mine

BRS tried to talk me out of the icecap saying they were very noisy. You think you would need more than just one icecap gyre? I am looking to get by with soft corals for the first 6 months and make sure all parameters are where I want them before introducing sps. I really like zoas too so that will give me something to do while I fine tune lighting and flow for sps.

Holy_makerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS tried to talk me out of the icecap saying they were very noisy. You think you would need more than just one icecap gyre? I am looking to get by with soft corals for the first 6 months and make sure all parameters are where I want them before introducing sps. I really like zoas too so that will give me something to do while I fine tune lighting and flow for sps.

I've heard that they can be noisy but that most if them break in and are pretty quiet. Not sure if I'll need 2 so i'll start with one. Gonna do an SPS dominant with leptos, blastos, plates, and a few nice chalices.

No hurry to get up and running here. Still piecing equipment together and hope that in the next 4 months my tank will see water. Already have some rock cooking for it. My biggest hurdle right now is i need a new circuit for the tank but my breaker box is full. More expense than i wanted but I'd rather do it right the first time around.

OP
OP
DSmithZ28

DSmithZ28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard that they can be noisy but that most if them break in and are pretty quiet. Not sure if I'll need 2 so i'll start with one. Gonna do an SPS dominant with leptos, blastos, plates, and a few nice chalices.

No hurry to get up and running here. Still piecing equipment together and hope that in the next 4 months my tank will see water. Already have some rock cooking for it. My biggest hurdle right now is i need a new circuit for the tank but my breaker box is full. More expense than i wanted but I'd rather do it right the first time around.
I'm either going to get the CP25 and see how it does while I break it in and start with softies or just pony up for 2 mp 40s. Stand just got done at powder coating!

Holy_makerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm either going to get the CP25 and see how it does while I break it in and start with softies or just pony up for 2 mp 40s. Stand just got done at powder coating!

I love my mp10s on my other tank. I'm gonna go with an m1 for the return on my system.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 68 74.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back