Wavemakers

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its minimal IMO, its about 20x turnover, but it will be a one-way linear flow. I always feel its better to have 2, that way you can aim them at each other, so the flow bounces off each other and becomes more random. Personally, I like a lot of flow in my tanks, and I would double up on that wavemaker.

madlos123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have also a 90 gallon and im using Sicce Xstream 8000 which pushes about 2000 gph. I have one on each side. Plus i have sicce adv 7 return pump which is about 1000 gph with random flow generator nozzle. Depending on your pump position and layout and corals, you definitely need one of each side or more. But its a good start for one on each side.

Heres my tank

IMG_20231209_153721135_HDR.jpg

PapaFishRocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its minimal IMO, its about 20x turnover, but it will be a one-way linear flow. I always feel its better to have 2, that way you can aim them at each other, so the flow bounces off each other and becomes more random. Personally, I like a lot of flow in my tanks, and I would double up on that wavemaker.
Exactly what I did in my 90G. I put them on opposite ends of the tank. Programmed to run forward and backwards. 1- 30 secs each way. 1-1 minute each way. Keeps constant random flow. Hammers, Lobos, Blastos, and Zoas are happy.

OP
OP
Aquamann88

Aquamann88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two of them but I have the schedule every 6h so that I have 6h from one sind and then 6 h frome the other side I think it should work right?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back