Wavepuck 2 error?

I have 2 of them so swapped the wet side. Confirmed 1 wetside is not working. I have a lot of coralline growth on the outside so putting in a vinegar bath for a day or so and then attempt to see if that in itself fixes it or will need to take apart and see where the malfunction is. Please let me know if anyone has experience with this.
 
Update- The vinegar bath worked like a charm, I swapped it with my other WP2 so I can go ahead and give that one a bath too. I went straight 100% vinegar for 4 days and this AM scrubbed it with a bluepad and water. I also tried to turn the impeller by hand to see if it free spins. I then plugged it in and it works great- so far not error message. If you own these type power heads I highly suggest you do the vinegar bath when you see it with lots of coralline growth, it might have other stuff growing inside that might junk it up...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new