Waving Hand coral ID?

Mus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this an encrusting Waving Hand coral please?

Only introduced yesterday but just looks ‘like’ GSP to me and not the beautiful long waving hand Xenia look alike I was expecting.

It was a real struggle to find any Waving Hand coral in the UK and this really doesn’t look like what I was expecting and many didn’t survive shipping.

IMG_3131.jpeg IMG_3135.jpeg

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like gsp to me.
Do you mean waving hand anthelia or pulsing Xenia? Both are quite common, but Xenia far more so. It grows so fast, most stores would practically be giving it away.

OP
OP
M

Mus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like gsp to me.
Do you mean waving hand anthelia or pulsing Xenia? Both are quite common, but Xenia far more so. It grows so fast, most stores would practically be giving it away.
Waving hand anthelia…. I will be absolutely gutted if it’s GSP this is an online shop I ordered from and I already asked if this is GSP….. and he said no…. I will probably bin them if they are

OP
OP
M

Mus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 6 of these only 2 made shipping ☹️

Attachments

• IMG_0873.png
    IMG_0873.png
    293.3 KB · Views: 32

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this an encrusting Waving Hand coral please?

Only introduced yesterday but just looks ‘like’ GSP to me and not the beautiful long waving hand Xenia look alike I was expecting.

It was a real struggle to find any Waving Hand coral in the UK and this really doesn’t look like what I was expecting and many didn’t survive shipping.

IMG_3131.jpeg IMG_3135.jpeg
This looks like GSP to me too.

Where about a in the UK are you?

OP
OP
M

Mus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely NOT "Waving Hand" Anthelia.
I know right… the guy has been doing marine for 20 years and doesn’t know his coral. He gave me my a load of mumbo jumbo but gave me some money back but didn’t cover all the dead on arrivals.

Tub Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know right… the guy has been doing marine for 20 years and doesn’t know his coral. He gave me my a load of mumbo jumbo but gave me some money back but didn’t cover all the dead on arrivals.
Well sometimes you can't avoid stores altogether... but you can avoid certain staff! Good luck!

wmv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah here’s a close up of mine, if you google pink encrusting gorgonian you can find more about it but I’m fairly certain this is what you ordered based on your picture

Attachments

• IMG_5039.jpeg
    IMG_5039.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
M

Mus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats!

Any photos yet?
I had to pay for the frag stand it was attached to it’s just been dumped in the corner as a spawn spot.

I have a Grade A 1950’s premium nitrate factory live rock wall for it to colonise. Next tank when I move won’t be so deep and will have a lovely structure to allow flow and coral growth. Probably only 100 % acros but this will do me for another several years.

Attachments

• IMG_3164.jpeg
    IMG_3164.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
M

Mus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah here’s a close up of mine, if you google pink encrusting gorgonian you can find more about it but I’m fairly certain this is what you ordered based on your picture
Only problem is that may have been what I ordered but the seller definitely pulled a fast one as when the polys opened more they was green and I would almost say ultra green but might have just been standard GSP. All binned now as I don’t want GSP in this tank.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 52 20.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 188 73.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.7%
Back