Ways to Dose NOPOX

Fdeluca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently running a 55 gallon mixed reef. I have been dosing about 1.5-2ml's of NOPOX daily by hand. I currently run a Neptune DOS to do daily water changes of 2500ml. The Clean water reservoir holds 17500mls for a 7 day supply of water changes. Would it be feasible to to dose 10-14MLs of NOPOX into the reservoir at the start of the week to auto dose the carbon into the system on its own. Just seeing if anyone has tried it. Its probably an AWFUL idea, but I'm curious.

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you? yes. Should you? I don't really know. At its base, NoPox is vodka + vinegar from what I understand, which makes it a great food for bacteria. I'd worry about a biofilm growing in the clean water reservoir from dosing NoPox and also the nopox being consumed by non target species.

CivicS14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you? yes. Should you? I don't really know. At its base, NoPox is vodka + vinegar from what I understand, which makes it a great food for bacteria. I'd worry about a biofilm growing in the clean water reservoir from dosing NoPox and also the nopox being consumed by non target species.
I would think this would be the case. If you put it in your ATO reservoir, bacteria will grow there.

I am currently running a 55 gallon mixed reef. I have been dosing about 1.5-2ml's of NOPOX daily by hand. I currently run a Neptune DOS to do daily water changes of 2500ml. The Clean water reservoir holds 17500mls for a 7 day supply of water changes. Would it be feasible to to dose 10-14MLs of NOPOX into the reservoir at the start of the week to auto dose the carbon into the system on its own. Just seeing if anyone has tried it. Its probably an AWFUL idea, but I'm curious.
Why get a doser, like a cheap Kamoer X1? I use to use the BRS 1.1 for my NoPox, but just recently switched to a versa. Easiest thing ever.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 22.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back