WB Infina 150.4 Mixed Reef

NW Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bit the bullet and ordered up our next tank, a WB Infinia 150.4. It will be a great upgrade from the Reefer 300XL I started with last year.

It's expected to arrive here in the rainy NW on Wednesday 2/7/2024. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:Hope to have the stand assembled by the end of the week and tank in place the following weekend. Over the past few weekends we have been visiting LFS's and gathering supplies and equipment

Over this past weekend I worked on my first attempt at an aquascape (pictures attached). With corals I think it will out nicely. Theres also a few other dry rocks sitting in a tote curing for the past few weeks to try and jump start the seeding of BB. These pieces will join the others until the tank is ready to get wet.

Equipment:
Pump: Simplicity 1600- I've had a great luck with these pumps in the past on a previous FW african cichlid tank and the reefer 300. I may upgrade to something else in the future but currently didnt see the need for wireless or app controls.
Powerheads: Vortech MP40- Tried and true products with great customer service.
Control: Neptune APEX A2 and a Trident- Told myself the next tank I did would be automated.
Heaters: Fluval 200W and 150W. Using an InkBird for control.
Filtration: Starting out with the socks and skimmer-less until I build up livestock.

IMG_0159.jpg IMG_0160.jpg IMG_0161.jpg IMG_0162.jpg

JHSteepat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks nice. I have the same tank and love it. If you are going with socks, I recommend (on Amazon) Aquatic Experts 7X12" 200 micron socks. They seem very durable.

I ended up with a remote ATO reservoir in my basement (using Tunze high-jump pump) and plan to move all wires and electronics out from underneath so I have some space.

Keep an eye on the heating. I am not sure those heaters will be enough unless you have a nice warm room.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bit the bullet and ordered up our next tank, a WB Infinia 150.4. It will be a great upgrade from the Reefer 300XL I started with last year.

It's expected to arrive here in the rainy NW on Wednesday 2/7/2024. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:Hope to have the stand assembled by the end of the week and tank in place the following weekend. Over the past few weekends we have been visiting LFS's and gathering supplies and equipment

Over this past weekend I worked on my first attempt at an aquascape (pictures attached). With corals I think it will out nicely. Theres also a few other dry rocks sitting in a tote curing for the past few weeks to try and jump start the seeding of BB. These pieces will join the others until the tank is ready to get wet.

Equipment:
Pump: Simplicity 1600- I've had a great luck with these pumps in the past on a previous FW african cichlid tank and the reefer 300. I may upgrade to something else in the future but currently didnt see the need for wireless or app controls.
Powerheads: Vortech MP40- Tried and true products with great customer service.
Control: Neptune APEX A2 and a Trident- Told myself the next tank I did would be automated.
Heaters: Fluval 200W and 150W. Using an InkBird for control.
Filtration: Starting out with the socks and skimmer-less until I build up livestock.

IMG_0159.jpg IMG_0160.jpg IMG_0161.jpg IMG_0162.jpg
Really neat looking aquascape!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back