WB330.7 Mix Reef Build

With much advice and research, I shortened the Tunze Orca about 1.5+ inches so I get a nice clean look: less to see above my bracing and less below. 24 hours of trouble free operation. Lets see if that lasts.

My two units, one is postop
Note grommets: big ones are for the 6105, small once for 6075, I like the look of the small ones (both units are 6105 for me).
IMG-6823.jpg



Dremel with 409 attachment
Chernobyl amounts of soapy water for cooling
Leaf blower to save my lungs and cooling too
IMG-6822.jpg



c = cut x 2
Reuse screw from bottom piece (screw goes in the larger tube, then smaller tube, then into bottom piece.
I may used a second 5mm plastic screw as the other side is empty. (was tapped on one of my orcas and not other)
dotted line is how far the orca (round about) internals go.

IMG-6819.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new