We are missing out on an untapped market: international reefing.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for years I hawked pico reefs in finnish forums, german, russian forums, south american etc using google translator

we should have international forum sections here where we reach out via translator to other forum sites and linked-in swiperecruit their top performers to mod and work the international sections, english speakers and foreign language speakers can still interact just fine using translator.

have this site be internationally inclusive for the big win, the big coverage clicks for banner revenue and ads and sales pitches. $ is waiting. you'll make reef2reef the global giant rev. it'll take work but be worth it

example:

finland

the russian one was cool they'd never seen a pico reef.

greek forum/looking it'll take a sec

Last edited:

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry but I think that would be detrimental for many international hobbyists who enjoy their unique way of reefing and the prices the market commands for livestock there. If for instance the local shops in there international areas were to start seeing the prices commanded in America for livestock, they'd feel that they should raise their prices to match... shouldn't they get the same? I don't think the whole idea is bad but doing it for banner revenue, ad clicks, and for the money doesn't seem like the best motive.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not for sales as the main focus, for forum discussion, like the general forum. my posts in the finnish forum had a lot of fun in the discussion, nobody was shorted on anything. they buy reef things in finland: have ads and banners relative to those regions and scoop up pay from the vendors there

seeing as there are ads and clicks here to keep the site growing, I never thought this or any other board ran free of charge/seems part and parcel to online forum reefing to keep afloat.

if there is a German forum here and we're using xlator to discuss reefs, having a zeovit banner up top in the language doesn't take away anything from us over here

I never care what anyone pays over there for anything, I'm in it for the work jobs or to show new things

they would scrape up a little side click revenue and it could be potentially quite strong.

Last edited:

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok...I thought you were talking about clicks for banner revenue and when you said $ is waiting i must have misunderstood what you meant

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assuming you mean foreign language rather than international.

There is plenty of international discussion already..

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back