We changed light testing Forever?! AI Hydra 64 performance test. | BRStv Investigates

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You definitely don't want to miss this light testing episode!

We've completely changed our reef tank light testing approach with REAL setting recommendations that are backed by REAL data!

Hamada

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video! Can these settings apply to Hydra 32's? or will you guys be doing a separate video for 32's?

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video! Can these settings apply to Hydra 32's? or will you guys be doing a separate video for 32's?

I plan to do one for the other Hydras as well! As much as I wish I could push these out daily, the testing and production for these are pretty extensive...so realistically I hope to get to them in the next couple of months or so. :)

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A wish list item that probably doesn't have a large enough user base to warrant your time, but last February I purchased 2 Cobalt Aquatics C-Ray 200 lights from BRS and would really appreciate seeing recommended settings. These lights are really well built, but apparently they were discontinued by Cobalt, and a few months back their App stopped working on my iPhone (their support team claims to be working on a fix). Although I got them at a discount from retail, they were not cheap and I'd like to see a way through BRS and Cobalt to keep them working, optimally. Love the BRS videos!

PookieGV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy, that was outstanding! A real service to the community. Obviously, i think many of us would love to see a similar update to a few popular options like kessill, orphek, RedSea, ecotech, etc.
It would be great to continue to include some of the subjective commentary that often was included in similar tests. How’s the shimmer, disco ball effect, etc?

I am shopping for lights now and feel paralyzed by analysis, BRS content is super helpful.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 prime 16’s over a reefer 250 and have been running Saxby for a while with decent results but I think I might try out there 64 SPS suggestions and see how it translates. Unfortunately I don’t have a par meter so I won’t know Much for sure except for how it looks. I can’t see the percentages being too awfully different but I guess sometime we will see a vid down the road. I am hoping to get a little better growth but I definitely can’t complain with current settings

behold81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesom video randy. And glad to know you will visit the summer ther hydras. Hopefully the 26and 52s.
How ever could we get a test for deeper tanks too. So highly of water in day a 24-30 inch tank and how that’s effected to get the coverage and cross over spacing.
Again. One of my favourite videos

Jim8o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to do one for the other Hydras as well! As much as I wish I could push these out daily, the testing and production for these are pretty extensive...so realistically I hope to get to them in the next couple of months or so. :)
Brilliant! Look forward to the Hydra 32HD video. Great video.

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great testing work! A written summary of your findings and recommendations would be great reference material. Also I think a good complimentary video would go more in depth on how to set up the schedule using the app or web GUI. Not just simple ramp up and ramp down, but the more complicated multipoint schedules we see shared in *.aip files like Saxby, Pirates, BRS AB+, etc.

DeWittTheReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, sir. I tried googling 10 different versions of "Hydra 32HD AB+ spectrum" before posting this, haha.

Dan Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
Would the results differ much if applied to a 12 inch high tank ? I have a lagoon25 and currently using Hydra64.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
Would the results differ much if applied to a 12 inch high tank ? I have a lagoon25 and currently using Hydra64.
Not really, you'll just want to look at the results for the 6" and 12" depths and ignore our 18" depth data. For example, here is a screenshot for our LPS setting in the 60 cube at 6" and 12" below the water line. The light in this case was mounted at 12" off the water surface.

1607441365102.png

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back