We Need A Library Of Standard Advice At The Click Of A Button

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Honestly idk if it helps or not. The YouTube stigma assumes I look for attention and/or compensation for doing so. So I assume many roll their eyes and skip past my post. :grinning-squinting-face:
I like your videos. However my personal preference is reading an article or post. But truthfully your article are excellent

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will also add that a large part of this message board is combating, enhancing or correcting what manufacturers have said, published or instructed. As long as they are always changing, so is the need for new discussion.

Regarding diseases and other things, posters can help much faster than somebody can learn. Even if most of this is too late, the speed can save an animal on occasion.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like your videos. However my personal preference is reading an article or post. But truthfully your article are excellent
Thank you. I’m just a common Reefer trying to help out and learn from other Reefers. No article worthy subjects from me though. I just try to make things simpler instead of harder.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great observations.

Learning can be a messy and frustrating process. Folks learn best through different means, reading v videos v just doing it v never reading instructions. I was thinking that when I help someone with a straightforward question that has been answered a zillion times, I need a button to click on to dump the information onto my reply.

With a nod to “Google the darn question” answer, teaching someone how to learn is a much greater gift than helping them by giving them the answer.
I really like your idea. However it would be nearly impossible to manage updating the information if and when a specific regimen changes. Now it would be nice if r2r had an easy way for users to store their opinions for easy access like a tab on profile.MY advice for example where one could easily cut and post one’s own opinions quockle

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like your idea. However it would be nearly impossible to manage updating the information if and when a specific regimen changes. Now it would be nice if r2r had an easy way for users to store their opinions for easy access like a tab on profile.MY advice for example where one could easily cut and post one’s own opinions quockle
To play on this idea a little...

Make a visible 3-5 sentence summary almost like an athlete's stats:

User X believes in....(NO3, PO4, Ca, dKH, Mg, water changes vs no w/c, etc)

Then when someone clicks on your profile they see it without having to dig through your build thread.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you find yourself frequently repeating the same answers, a simple word or excel document that you can reference and copy/paste from can be helpful.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back