• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

We should have Buyer Feedback

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Reefguy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have sold bought and sold hundreds of items on here over the past few years and am a pretty active member or at least try to be. I usually do not post threads to complain but I wanted to post this more as a feedback and cautionary tale. A few weeks ago I went against my own rule and sold to a couple members who were newer and did not have a lot of points or reaction scores but I figured hey im selling to them not buying from them so I should be okay. I am someone who likes to help new people out and make this hobby as easy and accessible as it can be. I was always welcomed here on R2R as a newbie and the people on this site have helped me and still help me like crazy. Well I should have stuck to my rule not to sell or buy from new members.

The first thing I sold the person received it and said it did not work. It was an apex display so i figured ok I will give them the benefit of the doubt. They tried to send me a video but it did not work so I refunded and the person said they would mail back the screen. Well it has a been a week and still no contact from them even though I have sent several messages

The second thing I sold was a pair of wave pumps again they were cheaper wave pumps but still. Had a good convo with the person on how to use them and if they would work for his set up. They arrived about 1.5 weeks ago and never heard anything until yesterday when I got a paypal dispute saying that he never authorized the purchase. Luckily I still have all my messages and the tracking number for everything so it should work out but still is annoying that I have to deal with paypal now when if the person is unhappy they could just talk to me directly.

From no own unfortunately due to these two (well i wont say what I want to here) people I can no longer trust to sell to new people on this site.

I wish the marketplace had a ranking for buyers and sellers. As someone who buys and sells a lot on here I would welcome it for both being a buyer and seller as it would help weed out those losers who try to scam people. Luckily I am only out a a little bit of money but it is still the point as there are so many great sellers on here and buyers that a few idiots ruin a lot of it for all.

End Rant!

OP
OP
R

Reefguy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks the one got back to me and we hashed it out the other the one that disputed through paypal. I won that case pretty easily since I had proof and screenshots of everything.

I would suggest not selling anything to him. His name is @ottocathi

I would love a ranking system even as a someone who sells a lot on here cause I feel I could justify selling things for a fair price and that would let people perspective buyers know that they are getting a good used product that from someone they could trust

plasma327

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To the OP. This is the kittle calling the pot black!! You are just as bad as the members you describe in this thread. I will explain. I purchased two MP10 wetsides from the op allegedly in good condition. There was a slight issue with shipping. Pay for it and i cannot ship till the next week then its a couple of days because of weather. OK i did receive the wetsides today. I open the package to see what appeared to be cleaned wetsides. Still had some coralline residue left but what ever. I disassemble the first for cleaning and the ceramic tube is in pieces. Partly broke off in the prop and the rest in tiny pieces. The other wetside has the ceramic tube but cracked at the base and will not last but a few minutes i surmise. I contact the OP inform him of the situation and tell him I want a refund. He does reply with and i quote

"Hey it was not my intention and my fault for not inspecting the equipment more thourghly. I do apologize. I'll refund your your money no problem and sorry about the mix up" THis is what he sent me this afternoon.

As of yet I have not received a refund from him. I think before the OP throw stones he should be aware of his own glass windows.

Attachments

• 20210220_184108[3367].jpg
    20210220_184108[3367].jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 20210220_184121[3366].jpg
    20210220_184121[3366].jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 59
OP
OP
R

Reefguy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I refunded you about two hours ago so just relax. accidents happen and I admittes my fault and sent a refund without issuerigjt away. Again I'd hope for feedback as long as it's constructive so thank you for letting me know I did a crappy job so I don't do that again. I clearly said I should have inspected but I got this equipment from a trusted friend and did not have the mp10s to test it paypal is the one holding up the refund

Last edited by a moderator:

plasma327

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not received any refund. I have no email confirmation. No confirmation from paypal.

OP
OP
R

Reefguy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's pending that's why. Here is paypal's explanation as to why. If you have any more questions please let me know and I will try to help you as best I can

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210220-224406.png
    Screenshot_20210220-224406.png
    351.2 KB · Views: 88

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back