Webcams are now supported on the GHL Connect app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
e8d60df3-9033-486e-9ec0-a302b6b285c8.png

GHL Connect news
Webcam support now available!

9d4133dc-ef79-4893-bd9b-e62b3df763ef.png

GHL Connect just got better
A LIVE visual of your aquarium is now only a few taps away. Gone are the days when you're away from the tank and wondering how it's looking. With the newest GHL Connect update, you can now connect your webcam and get a visual of your aquarium.

96cf55d5-fae9-4f0a-8f95-2b047e314dd2.png

Control the camera
Don't just watch through the camera...control it!

Our new webcam feature allows you to conveniently control your connected webcam through the GHL Connect app.

You have the option to pan, tilt, zoom, take snapshots, and set preset controls all through the app.

09b59c09-4fd6-4237-89de-f8af8047d5d7.png

Multi-camera support
We all know how important it is to see our aquariums at different angles. With the new webcam feature, you now have the option to connect multiple webcams so you can see everything!

Connect one, two, or more cameras...the choice is yours.

2a50aa51-310a-4cda-add9-caca01a9cc49.png

Technical features
The webcam feature is now available on all supported platforms. Below are the more technical features available.

* Supported formats: HTML5 (MP4, WebM,...), images (JPG, PNG,...) and motion JPEG

* Authentication methods: via URL parameters, HTTP basic and HTTP Digest

* PTZ commands can be added to control webcam

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple questions:

- Do you need a Profilux or will a 2.1SA work? Or is it just based on the camera and the app alone?
- Do you know cameras that will work?

This is pretty awesome I have been messing around with apps and old cameras for a few months now and always have some problem. This would be great to get it to work right.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very cool!

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following on the the list of supported camera's (or ones tested and confirmed as working)

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoohoo this was the easiest setup yet, my R2 on one tank up and running!!

57579D1E-9236-4B32-ACF5-AFB115E82FC0.png

I have the snapshot image works I know the RTSP stream just can not get it to stream yet.

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
This is cool! For those of you who got this working, could you please post what cameras you're using?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

reeferKen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anybody have luck with the popular Wyze cam sold at Home depot and Amazon?

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
anybody have luck with the popular Wyze cam sold at Home depot and Amazon?

Ill try it tonight. I just installed one a few weeks ago.

I've got a couple running at home now. I don't think they'll stream directly, but I have an idea I'm testing after work today (or maybe tomorrow, depending on the wife's plans.....lol). I'll post my results here.

I think I'm going to have to run the Wyze stream through something like tinycam pro, then use that to be the "media server" out to the internets. Not really a big deal for me, I have an extra 8" Amazon tablet I can leave on all the time and let it be my "media server"

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a couple running at home now. I don't think they'll stream directly, but I have an idea I'm testing after work today (or maybe tomorrow, depending on the wife's plans.....lol). I'll post my results here.

I think I'm going to have to run the Wyze stream through something like tinycam pro, then use that to be the "media server" out to the internets. Not really a big deal for me, I have an extra 8" Amazon tablet I can leave on all the time and let it be my "media server"
Let us know what you come up with. I couldn't get it to load.
Not really a big deal, as the Wyze app loads faster than the connect app anyway, so no issues with having two apps. Would be nice for my work computer though.

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Let us know what you come up with. I couldn't get it to load.
Not really a big deal, as the Wyze app loads faster than the connect app anyway, so no issues with having two apps. Would be nice for my work computer though.

Well, I just got it to work.......once. Now it's giving "too many connections" errors. I'll keep fiddling with it for a while, maybe in the morning.

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Annnnnd, now it's working consistently. I seem to have had too many browser sessions opened while testing. Once I closed them all, it seems to work ok. I'll leave it and test some more tomorrow. If it's still working, I'll write up a quick "how to" and post it.

One thing I have noticed is that it doesn't seem to like it when it's opened in more than one "session" browser/GHL connect/etc. Like if you had it opened on both your phone and desktop/laptop browser.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 27 14.2%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 50.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back