Weight Lifting Urchin

ThunderGoose

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2016
Messages
938
Reaction score
1,176
Location
Beverly, Mass
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking in my tank today and noticed one of my macroalgae seemed to be floating about halfway up the tank. That's annoying since I tied them to rubble with fishing line to keep them in place. I took a closer look.

2017 July 19 tuxedo urchin.jpg


Yep, that's a red tuxedo urchin who decided to "wear" my macroalgae and pulled it, the rubble it's tied to and a snail that's bigger than itself up the tank way.

Is there an urchin weight lifting competition I could enter her in?
 
Does your Urchin eat your macro-algae? I am wanting to get one but am concerned he will eat the two types of macro-algae we are putting in the tank.
 
Does your Urchin eat your macro-algae? I am wanting to get one but am concerned he will eat the two types of macro-algae we are putting in the tank.
I'm not sure but probably. SOMETHING in my tank ate it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new