Weir slot size for overflow baffle?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fizbang
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fizbang

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2017
Messages
83
Reaction score
58
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Im going to DIY a new baffle for the 75G tank Im working on. The original baffle only covers 2 of the drain holes and I want to take advantage of all 4. My question is with a larger baffle how do I know what size to make the slots for proper flow?
 
If the overflow is 2x as long and the other 2 pipes are the same size then 2x as many teeth should work just fine.
I would make the gap 1/2 as wide as the teeth. I would not want to break a tooth.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new