Weird acropora growth????

DEWreefing

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2018
Messages
928
Reaction score
904
Location
Rialto
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have this coral and a few others that grow these sharp points an not nubs. WHATS GOING ON HERE?
20200311_212317.jpg
 
So I have this coral and a few others that grow these sharp points an not nubs. WHATS GOING ON HERE?
20200311_212317.jpg
Skip to 7:40 in this video:


It shows that different lighting and flow can alter the way the coral grows. It could be an explanation for what is happening here.
 
Could be Vermetid snails growing in the coral.

Yup vermi or just thoes little filter feeders that have the two clear tentacles that stick out the end I see poke out of acros like that all the time.

Op check the end of the wierd growth for filter feeder looking stuff.
 
Yup vermi or just thoes little filter feeders that have the two clear tentacles that stick out the end I see poke out of acros like that all the time.

Op check the end of the wierd growth for filter feeder looking stuff.
Not vermin snails it was fully encrusted those showed up after.
 
Not vermin snails it was fully encrusted those showed up after.

That's what the small ones do.

V. snails were my first thought when I saw this yesterday. The more pics you show just confirms my suspicion.
 
That's what the small ones do.

V. snails were my first thought when I saw this yesterday. The more pics you show just confirms my suspicion.
I have never seen vermid snail in my tank. I broad cast reef roids and no nets of mucus ever.
 
If you look around the whole backside of the corals they are all facing the same way.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new