Weird algae in refugium

  • Thread starter Thread starter Merdfrog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Merdfrog

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2023
Messages
47
Reaction score
6
Location
Costa Mesa
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After coming back from vacation my refugium is filled with this weird slimy algae. None of the chaeto is left. Also the protein skimmer is filled with same algae. Has anyone seen this and/or know what it is?

20240604_174647.jpg 20240604_174644.jpg
 
Better there then in the tank. Do you have chaeto?
 
Better there then in the tank. Do you have chaeto?
Barely any. I scraped some off of the rocks in the sump and threw it on the refugium but I will try to order more soon
 
Barely any. I scraped some off of the rocks in the sump and threw it on the refugium but I will try to order more soon
Well if you have no macroalgae in your fuge then nuisance algae is sure to grow there under light.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new