Weird Algea/Cyano?

ReeferDan22

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 21, 2024
Messages
11
Reaction score
3
Location
Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys, I need help identifying and treating this algae in my tank. Chemi clean seems to do a bit to it but it is very persistent and form a mat that bonds to the sand making it hard to vacuum up.

No bubbles, almost black. Parameters are all within a good range. Nitrates are 7 phos is around .02.

Please help me figure this out!

IMG_6754.jpeg IMG_6753.jpeg
 
I have had a black looking algae show up in small spots on a crab tank I have. But they went away with just usual maint. and was never on the sand
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new