Weird anenome behavior

Angelwolf21203

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2019
Messages
484
Reaction score
473
Location
Cranesville, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a bta that recently split in two. Both halves are alive, but very small. I think it split because I accidentally dropped a knife on it and it was injured. Anyway, both halves found a place they liked among the rockwork. I have seen both of them do this, at different times. It almost looks like it's brought its foot flesh up and completely over the tentacles and mouth. It's so weird! I've never seen this before. Is it just something they sometimes do? Is it growing in some way? Or is it not happy? Like I said, I have seen both of them doing it, and then the next time I look, they have their tentacles extended and ballooned up again. One is in the light, the other is not. And both reach for the light, granted one is more successful being in top of the rock. It choose it's spot among my zoanthids. The other one of shared, but that's where it went, and if I move the rock, it goes back to the same shade. If it wants more light, it would move. And it does still have color in the tentacles, so I know it's not completely lacking zoanthelle.
IMG_20200822_204332.jpg
IMG_20200822_204229.jpg


This is the one up under the rock.
IMG_20200822_204058.jpg

And I do feed them Hikari Corallific Delight. They gobble it up. Thanks in advance for any help or advice!
 
Your palys are stretching for light, what kind of light do you have? The nem looks bleached to, what are your parameters? Can you give me some info about your tank?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new