Weird angelfish behavior

Reef Dog 29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everybody,
My coral beauty angelfish has been acting weird for a week or so. It has been swimming in circles, almost oscillating in the same spot. It was really good friends with my six-line wrasse which died due to unknown circumstances about a month ago. After this happened, it started hiding much more and not coming out much. As far as I can tell, it looks like it is still eating, just not flake food, more grazing on the sand and rock. Has anybody experienced anything like this? There is also a clarkii clownfish in the tank and a newly added royal gramma.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you qt all fish?
Shyness and hiding is usually signs of sick fish which can be internal or external parasites.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everybody,
My coral beauty angelfish has been acting weird for a week or so. It has been swimming in circles, almost oscillating in the same spot. It was really good friends with my six-line wrasse which died due to unknown circumstances about a month ago. After this happened, it started hiding much more and not coming out much. As far as I can tell, it looks like it is still eating, just not flake food, more grazing on the sand and rock. Has anybody experienced anything like this? There is also a clarkii clownfish in the tank and a newly added royal gramma.

Do you see any spots on it? Eating is generally a pretty good sign, but I wouldn't be surprised if it has been affected by the loss of his buddy. I recently got a Yellow Tang/Coral Beauty Combo and just added them to my DT today and the two of them are buddies who like to hang out together.

OP
OP
Reef Dog 29

Reef Dog 29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see any spots or visual fungus, It is a larger size coral beauty angelfish so I'm not sure its age. I'm currently drip acclimating it to my hospital tank for closer observation. I do have Quick cure handy as well as fungus tablets, should I treat with anything? I will try to post a video tomorrow on youtube and share the link ion here so you can see whats happening.It was also very easy to catch, and its still doing its circling thing in the bucket.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back