Weird angelfish behavior

Aussiemarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a couple of fish going through TTM at the moment and the swallowtail angel I have has been acting strange. Shes been swimming up to the other fish (mainly the coral Rabbitfish) and going vertical and “shaking/shivering” at them. It’s similar to the submissive behavior I’ve seen with clownfish and I’m not sure if that’s what she’s doing. I’ve posted a video excuse the water quality it’s almost transfer time!
She hasn’t been bullying the other fish or anything.

Nigel35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably nothing to worry about. I had a triggerfish swim side by side to my yellow tang and chase it around. it could be just asserting dominance or just plan wacky lol.

OP
OP
Aussiemarine

Aussiemarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably nothing to worry about. I had a triggerfish swim side by side to my yellow tang and chase it around. it could be just asserting dominance or just plan wacky lol.

yeah she seems fine otherwise - but just seems strange I just haven’t seen it before outside of clownfish.

She does have a little bit of lymph on her back fin but nothing we can do about that anyway. Also seen a little head twitching which could be flukes but the next 2 transfers will be dosed with prazi

WarEaglesReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does your angel still do this? I'm searching around on the forums tonight after seeing the exact same behavior from my little coral beauty angelfish. Behaving just like clowns do flipping on her side and shaking at my firefish. I hadn't ever heard of angels behaving in this way. She's actively seeking out the firefish to do this repeatedly...can't quite tell if it's more of a dominant or submissive display because of how persistent she is. Fish are bizarre. haha

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a couple of fish going through TTM at the moment and the swallowtail angel I have has been acting strange. Shes been swimming up to the other fish (mainly the coral Rabbitfish) and going vertical and “shaking/shivering” at them. It’s similar to the submissive behavior I’ve seen with clownfish and I’m not sure if that’s what she’s doing. I’ve posted a video excuse the water quality it’s almost transfer time!
She hasn’t been bullying the other fish or anything.
Does it ever do that in the bubbles without another fish nearby? I'm just not sure that fish is focused on the rabbitfish - seems more like it is reacting with the bubbles.

Jay

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 124 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back