Normal behavior?

ZachariahBeanz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I got a clown goby today, and it’s been acting a little weird. I’ve done some research on them and he’s not acting like that at all. He’s just at the top of the tank kinda sticking to the glass, he moves every now and again, is this normal?

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I got a clown goby today, and it’s been acting a little weird. I’ve done some research on them and he’s not acting like that at all. He’s just at the top of the tank kinda sticking to the glass, he moves every now and again, is this normal?
For a new fish, can be.
Anything else in the tank that can be a threat to the goby?

betareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine will do that if he sees me and thinks food might be coming. He also does it to be near the clown, which also dances there looking for food.

He alternates between the glass, and sitting in a sinularia leather, and on top of leptastrea coral (which he appears to be nipping at grrr...)

OP
OP
ZachariahBeanz

ZachariahBeanz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a new fish, can be.
Anything else in the tank that can be a threat to the goby?
Not really, all my other fish don’t go near him (yet) and now he seems to be glass surfacing.
PS..I’ve have to clowns, and PJ cardinal, and an azure damsel

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its normal, mine do it sometimes. Their bottom fins form a 'suction cup' so they stick to the glass sometimes.

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really, all my other fish don’t go near him (yet) and now he seems to be glass surfacing.
PS..I’ve have to clowns, and PJ cardinal, and an azure damsel
Keep an eye on that Azure Damsel; nearly every damsel I have ever had bullies new fish almost immediately. Not saying that's what's going on here, but even if that fish does come down and try to settle in, that damsel may bully it back up into a corner...

OP
OP
ZachariahBeanz

ZachariahBeanz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep an eye on that Azure Damsel; nearly every damsel I have ever had bullies new fish almost immediately. Not saying that's what's going on here, but even if that fish does come down and try to settle in, that damsel may bully it back up into a corner...
Yeah, I’ve seen that a couple times with other damsels, but I’ve had mine for almost a year, and it’s never posed and issue

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Please post a you tube video of at least30 secs to confirm what you are describing

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 67 32.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back