Weird looking Doughnut Coral (Acanthophyllia)

Goldie0407

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2023
Messages
10
Reaction score
9
Location
Indonesia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Just sharing what i got from the store today. I have been reefing for almost 2 years, but this is the first time i saw this rare looking Doughnut coral.

What do you guys think?

20231119_144440.jpg 20231119_144427.jpg
 
It's in feeding mode! That's also one of the nicest colored acanthophyllia I think I've ever seen, the golds are my favorite.
 
I believe it's not in feeding mode. it has that weird protrude meat in the center and it also have an mouth on the extra meat when i direct feed it.
 
Beautiful, acanthos are amazing and really fun to keep. They definitely should have beat torches in the best lps contest.

Darren
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new