Weird one : Kenya Tree completely melted over a day all other corals fine

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
_MG_1414.JPG

That brown sludge was a kenya tree! The ones close to it are droopy but the rest seem fine including that baby in the right of the picture.

_MG_1419.JPG

_MG_1423.JPG

What I got out via turkey baster...

_MG_1416.JPG

Some of the rest which are fine.

I'm not really worried as nothing else looks off, I have dozens of other types of softies, lps, sps. I checked all the bottles of things I dose and everything feels right so I have no reason to believe parameters are off. I'll do some testing after I do tomorrows water change. I'm just posting this because it's odd not so much for advice. Conservatively speaking I've produced at least 1000 frags of this coral. I've left some out of the water for hours and they recovered. It's grown on the inside of my powerheads ect. Really odd that one just bailed out. Initially I thought the pile of good contained a dead fish but they are all accounted for.

I also want to point out this is the ugliest corner of my tank so maybe this is a good time to remove more of these kenya trees... I know a lot of people hate them but I really don't mind them other then the fact they reproduce so fast.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same series of events happen the other day— but then I noticed it was touching a leather coral— so I assumed ‘toxic warfare.’

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 55 32.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 46 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 32.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back