Weird problem, Sicce Xstream not pushing water

Reephish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Sicce Xstream 8000 that I got used with my system and I noticed after purchasing a new 6500 that the 6500 moves way more water than the 8000. I put the 8k in a bucket to test it out and it flings water outward from the propeller but doesn't push water forward like it should. In the tank I saw food actually get sucked up into the front of the propeller and flung outwards. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the propeller is the wrong one since it was used I have no way of verifying this. Or maybe there is a spacer that I am missing that keeps the propeller out away from the housing? It seems that this propeller is closer to the housing than the others. Anyone ever have this issue? Oh and it is spinning the correct direction.

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you disassembled it and really cleaned everything with citric acid or just good hot water

OP
OP
R

Reephish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you disassembled it and really cleaned everything with citric acid or just good hot water
It is very clean, spins freely, and looks practically new.
I'm going to compare it to the 6500 propellers when I'm doing a water change to see if I can spot any differences.

OP
OP
R

Reephish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, Its spinning the right direction. That was my first thought, I mean it is a very simple machine. Either they work or they don't and that is why I am stumped.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back