Weird shaped or weird looking tanks

-XENOMORPH-

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2017
Messages
598
Reaction score
422
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2b526013-e232-4161-b1a3-e59bf5f49a4b.jpg
Uhmmmm?????
 
2b526013-e232-4161-b1a3-e59bf5f49a4b.jpg
Uhmmmm?????
lol… this looks like something I would build! Albeit with less nonsense on/around it…

Here’s a few funny functional coffee table tanks from Midwest tropical I’ve been only half-joking about getting…

IMG_7598.png
IMG_7599.png


And, here’s a few funky tanks of my own!

IMG_7542.jpeg


Ethanol Free: 35g acrylic hexagon DT w/custom tubular center overflow, built into a coffee table.

IMG_6666.jpeg


Ugly Duckling: 4G scratch built glass AIO corner prism.

IMG_7337.jpeg
IMG_7334.jpeg


This is my next scratch built tank’s rough mock-up… I’m just waiting on the glass…

Clarity: 17G starphire glass AIO right frustum.
 
There's a couple of people on here who keep reef tanks in jars, maybe they will share on here!
 
I made an aquarium out of a large glass carboy from the lab when I was in graduate school. It had a spout on the side bottom.

Looked like this, though the stopcock in the spigot was glass rather than teflon.

1753470884462.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new