Weird snail activity

  • Thread starter Thread starter Carl C
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Carl C

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 11, 2018
Messages
327
Reaction score
204
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I haven’t added snails in a LONG time , in fact I thought all my snails were dead (I’ve bought 100s of them) they literally disappear… blame it on the crabs , hermits, fish IDK ‍♂️ …. Anyway tonight on my way to bed an army of snails came from nowhere and started climbing in a row one corner of tank ; others were on sand bed heading to the same wall … !!!! Why ? Weird !!! Ideas ??

F793D092-8FB5-4187-8EEB-8187EC4767D7.jpeg
 
So I haven’t added snails in a LONG time , in fact I thought all my snails were dead (I’ve bought 100s of them) they literally disappear… blame it on the crabs , hermits, fish IDK ‍♂️ …. Anyway tonight on my way to bed an army of snails came from nowhere and started climbing in a row one corner of tank ; others were on sand bed heading to the same wall … !!!! Why ? Weird !!! Ideas ??

F793D092-8FB5-4187-8EEB-8187EC4767D7.jpeg
Nass snails will stay in the sandbed until they are hungry, If they can get all they need in around the sandbed, they will stay hidden. Maybe they are hungry and looking for food.
 
All my Trochus did the same last night. The tank was very spermified soon after.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new