Weird spots on my toadstool

Coral.Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2023
Messages
73
Reaction score
18
Location
San Francisco
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just noticed that my 4 year old toadstool has started developing these weird spots on the side. Also coincides somehow with my clown fish tryin to host it over the last few weeks. Any thoughts on what this might be?


20260621_093007_A41155B5-CC5E-4D59-8928-AA801852ACA0.png
 
I assume you mean these spots?
1782078402432.png

Are those spots actually "glowing" or is this a weird artifact of the image? Maybe it is easier to see under neutral/white light, I don't know.

I would check for parasites (like flatworms) and maybe observe the clownfish for a bit. I see mine carefully nibbling on their BTA's tips, but they are gentle enough that those tips aren't even retracting. Maybe your clowns aren't as careful with the toadstool and are actually hurting it by accident?

Do your other corals look happy/as always, or did they also change somehow recently?
 
Probably a spot where detritus collected and it's just budding it off
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new