Weird strings on some colonies. Help.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reginald
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reginald

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2012
Messages
64
Reaction score
0
Location
Memphis
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some strange strings coming from a few sps colonies of mines. Can anybody give me any advice on what I'm looking at. Some are from 1-5 inches and they seem to be shortening up as time goes on. It's been about 15 minutes since I first noticed them and they just popped up today. I've seen them before but never this long.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1387901292.616368.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1387901326.282113.jpg
 
Mesenterial filaments. Did you feed anything in the tank before they appeared?
 
Mines doesn't typically do it while feeding but usually during a water change.
 
Same thing happens to my sps when I dose Fuel. I feel like it is just a feeding response, but to be on the safe side I lessened the dose. I cut back the does 50% from the recommended dose.
 
It won't hurt the corals, just make sure the filaments don't hit other corals and you won't have problems.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new