Weird thing happened in my tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter betelgeuse
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

betelgeuse

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2014
Messages
170
Reaction score
30
Location
North Branford CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok... So I have no explanation for this at all.
A couple weeks ago when TCR in Stratford was having a sale I finally took the plunge and bought my 1st anemone, a beautiful rainbow bubble tip 3-4 inches in size. Unfortunately for me it settled in the back of the tank (tried moving the rock it settled on a few times, but it kept going back to the same spot so I decided to leave to where it was happy. Anyway, on Sunday I was in Blakes and he was having a 30% sale too so after looking for a bit I decided to buy another RBTA (again 3-4 inches in size). This one settled really close to where I put him and hasn't moved since. Now this is where the weird part happens. Last night when I was looking at the tank in the actinics I noticed that my maroon clown was hosting a RBTA in a different location, for a moment I thought that it was one of the 2 that I purchased that had moved, but after further inspection I noticed that the 2 purchased anemones were in the same places they had been previously and this was in fact a 3rd RBTA in my tank. I am 100% certain that I only introduced 2RBTAs, I am also Certain that this is neither of them. I am also 100% certain that there were no anemones in the tank prior to the introduction of the 1st RBTA. I don't have experience with anemones but both of the originals look healthy and neither looks like they split so I really have no explanation for this at all.
 
One of them must have split. I have had them split before and they original sometimes looks close to as big as it did once it puffs back up, especially if it wasn't to big to begin with. 3 for the price of 2 :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new