Weird thing happened...

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So three days ago my tank had plenty of brownish algae - pretty sure it was cyano. The next day, there were copepods crawling all over the glass. The next day every square inch of my tank was clean and bright white except for a few strands of hair algae that I'm working on getting rid of. The next day, still clean and white but my water went cloudy. Everything is happy except the toadstool frag isn't fully extended. No ammonia spike. I'm wondering if I had a bacteria bloom but why'd the cyano literally disappear over night?

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So three days ago my tank had plenty of brownish algae - pretty sure it was cyano. The next day, there were copepods crawling all over the glass. The next day every square inch of my tank was clean and bright white except for a few strands of hair algae that I'm working on getting rid of. The next day, still clean and white but my water went cloudy. Everything is happy except the toadstool frag isn't fully extended. No ammonia spike. I'm wondering if I had a bacteria bloom but why'd the cyano literally disappear over night?
Probably not cyanobacteria.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back