Weird thing on hammer coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jé123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jé123

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2019
Messages
66
Reaction score
9
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what this thing is? Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures (I did my best :D)

22E7EF67-F9FB-4538-BFCF-DF417F2CB0AF.png 4F9AA70D-8A6E-4161-98E9-569C6DC9AB05.png C9BED3D2-6717-4EDF-B0CB-3DBF8144B253.png
 
Looks like a gall crab, my experience was it irritated my Pavona and it started losing tissue but usually they die and are covered over as the coral grows. If its mated female they can reproduce.
 
That looks like the mouth of the hammer. Does not look like a gal crab because it looks like tissue not a crab. I had a gallon crab in a brain coral once. That thing looks like the devil.
 
Hard to tell for me, possibly mesenterial filaments
Here's a picture of the coral getting asleep and it looks bigger, are those filaments a good thing or a bad thing? Should I do something about this?

20191227_214637.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new