Weird toadstool hole

nathan212178

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed this a few days ago thinking it would recover but it hasn’t, I don’t know what it is and I’m a bit concerned, any advice would be helpful

Very sorry if it’s a bit hard to see, it’s in an awkward spot but can move it if necessary

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed this a few days ago thinking it would recover but it hasn’t, I don’t know what it is and I’m a bit concerned, any advice would be helpful

Very sorry if it’s a bit hard to see, it’s in an awkward spot but can move it if necessary

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
That is how they self-frag. In a week or 2 it'll drop off a nickel sized nub. That's the most common cause of those little internal tears/holes on medium to large toadstools. My huge one is currently closed up in the process of dropping 3-5 new babies.

OP
OP
N

nathan212178

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is how they self-frag. In a week or 2 it'll drop off a nickel sized nub. That's the most common cause of those little internal tears/holes on medium to large toadstools. My huge one is currently closed up in the process of dropping 3-5 new babies.
Dang really?? That’s so cool I didn’t know that, but thank you I started to think it had an infection lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 160 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back