Weird white looking thing on Yuma mushroom

gabriellar

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 15, 2025
Messages
183
Reaction score
88
Location
illinois
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
On the King Kong Yuma, there’s a bunch of white bug eggs looking thing attached on the mushroom. Should I be concerned about it? Found them this morning.

IMG_2954.jpeg
 
On the King Kong Yuma, there’s a bunch of white bug eggs looking thing attached on the mushroom. Should I be concerned about it? Found them this morning.

IMG_2954.jpeg
mushrooms very rarely can get any pests, now bacteria, thats something else , remove for inspection and light us up gabriellaaaaarrr

honestly it looks like some reef blizzard, kalk paste, or possibly another corals goo (zooxanthelle) , but with it smothering like 30% of the shroom id at least remove, baste off, then replace/monitor
 
Last edited:
Thanks for all the help!! I realized that the white stuff is a small block of Grantia stuck to each other. Removed 😅
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new