Weird Worms after lights out. Sorry, wasn't able to catch it for pics...

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was doing some homework late at night, and I thought it would be cool to shine my phones flashlight onto certain areas of my tank and see what aquarium life is like at night.
1. I found a new aiptasia. Darnit. It's quite large.
2. There was this one worm, and its was squirming through the water, it was probably about 1 inch fully extended, and when I shined the light on it, it curled up into a neat little spring or coil like thing. What is that? It was white btw.
3. There was another little critter, probably about 2 cm big, maybe less. it look like it was light blue, and it was kind of just squirming through the water column in a frantic manner.

Hopefully you can ID these critters by description alone, if I catch one of them (or both) I will post the pics.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have worms squirming at night sometimes too, mostly bristle, peanut, and spaghetti worms myself, but when I got a leopard wrasse and springeri damselfish they all vanished quite quickly

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably not, the leopard wrasse likes room to swim. Maybe pink streaked wrasse, i have springeri damsel for potential flatworms and 1 will also work in that tank. What is the current stocking?

OP
OP
Dark_Knightt

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably not, the leopard wrasse likes room to swim. Maybe pink streaked wrasse, i have springeri damsel for potential flatworms and 1 will also work in that tank. What is the current stocking?
2 juvenile clowns, 1 bicolor blenny, and a cleaner shrimp are the only things that acc take up much space. Then corals. About 10bls of live rock too.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
worms are prob nothing but the wrasse will prob eat a lot of em, i would add more dry rock (10 pounds) or bio media (matrix in a media bag is cheap and easy) and wait a week or two for the bacteria to get in, then add the fish

OP
OP
Dark_Knightt

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
worms are prob nothing but the wrasse will prob eat a lot of em, i would add more dry rock (10 pounds) or bio media (matrix in a media bag is cheap and easy) and wait a week or two for the bacteria to get in, then add the fish
I've been planning on re-scaping anyways, I just need to take the corals into consideration. Can I do 10lbs of live rock, or is dry recommended? Also, could I maybe use 100% new rock, live or dry? Or would I need to re-cycle my tank. *I already have about 20lbs of live sand.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back