Fugida?

SaltLifeMom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

I started having small CuC dying in the same part of my tank, near my foundation rock. Then, 2 watchman hobbies died with one day. I witnessed the second goby swim frantically out of the foundation rock cave he built, his body was gray and his head yellow. He appeared to be having a seizure and fell to the sandbed dead in all of 10 seconds.

I am a night owl and started ro periodically check the tank with a red light and saw a worm that was curled in a crevice. Bristle worm traps were empty after dozens of attempts. Couldn't catch him with tweezers as he retracted back to foundation in a flash. Until tonight! I got him.

Can anyone help I.D, please?sorry, pics are post mortem, he grossed me out bad!
20240415_032829.jpg

xunhe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The scientific name of this thing should be Alitta succinea

Last edited:

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

I started having small CuC dying in the same part of my tank, near my foundation rock. Then, 2 watchman hobbies died with one day. I witnessed the second goby swim frantically out of the foundation rock cave he built, his body was gray and his head yellow. He appeared to be having a seizure and fell to the sandbed dead in all of 10 seconds.

I am a night owl and started ro periodically check the tank with a red light and saw a worm that was curled in a crevice. Bristle worm traps were empty after dozens of attempts. Couldn't catch him with tweezers as he retracted back to foundation in a flash. Until tonight! I got him.

Can anyone help I.D, please?sorry, pics are post mortem, he grossed me out bad!
20240415_032829.jpg
Yea it’s a bristle worm.

Although he wouldn’t have anything to do with why your fish died.
Especially with how you describe the fish darted and twitched and then died that’s very common when fish die from Neurological issues.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back