Welcome members introduce yourself here.

nitrox36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True, if you can't make meetings, the newsletter from it and soon to be videos will find you!

egilmore

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy guys names eddie and fairly new to the reef obsession here, Been going about a yr now with a 50g mixed tank! setting up a jbj 24g for zoas this weekend! Only person I know so far is rodney but looking forward to getting to know everyone else!

OP
OP
M

Monster Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the club Eddie see you at the meeting this week don't for get everyone it's at my house don't eat dinner we got BBQ pork being smoked all day and sodas and bud light baked beans and green bean casserole.

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I am TriMax. Name is Eddie. Two Eddies in one club. I will the one that looks like Santa.

I have been in the hobby for several years. Resent experiences have almost exhausted my enthusiasm for the hobby. I am hoping that a new club will get me kick started (do not get any ideas). I have several tanks. None are what they should be.

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning to join, but haven't yet... trying to pinch all the pennies I can for now, since I've recently joined the unemployed. Thanks, Obama!!!

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Spencer, we're having a meeting this Saturday at 5.

Not sure if I can make it or not. Weather has put me behind on some projects. I've got a deck to finish staining, basement to paint, maybe mowing, and next up may do some ipgrades to my house. Maybe I can get some done and make it? Where is the meeting...as in what area?

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Ole Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spencer,dont want to want till frag meet time to be able to talk to ya!.....And surley those projects can hold for an hour or two,looking forward too seeing ya,Buddy! :bigsmile:

Dusty650

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys, My names Dustin, 2 Dustins in the club now as well. I met some of you guys at the meeting on Saturday, But I have been doing saltwater since I was a junior in high school. So about 7 years now. I have a 120 Gallon Tank, 60 Gallon Tank and 40 gallon sump. I still have a lot to learn on the reef keeping end of the hobby but look forward to learning what I can from you guys! Thanks
Dustin

Ole Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dustin...Was'nt awhere you were from Maryville,#'s are on the private forum and you know where I live,see'en you were at the meeting,so any thing I can help you with you know I will,glad to have ya!You were John's buddy weren't you,trying to put a face with a name?:fish:

dustinw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys my name is also Dustin. I have a 96 gallon tank with a trickle filter. I've got a reef octopus 150 skimmer. I'm fixing to up grade to a 40 gallon sump. I got suckered into buying a trickle filter at a lfs instead of a sump, but thanks to the club I realized I really needed a sump and getting a real good deal on one. I'm very new to the hobby (only about 4 months in) and look forward to learning all I can. The club members I met Saturday are awesome people and very knowledgeable. Thanks again.
Dustin.

Dusty650

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I was there. I am the one that got john into the hobby... His girlfriend hates me for it! lol...

ORchick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all my name is Faith and I am new to saltwater tanks and reefing. I have had fresh water tanks off and on through out my life (first tank was for a gold fish I won at the fair in the 1970s). We started a few years ago with a fresh water 55 gallon tank. Changed to a smaller fresh water tank due to an aggressive Angel fish that decided he didn't like anyone but 1 tetra and 1 catfish. Started collecting items to start a saltwater and ended up purchasing an established tank from someone getting out of the hobby.
Long story short 55 gallon to a 60 gallon now at 120 gallon reef tank. Love the colors and variety in saltwater tanks. I enjoy learning new things and look forward to getting know everyone.

Nikki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! My name is Nikki and I recently got back into aquariums with a new saltwater 125 gallon tank. I've always wanted my own saltwater aquarium and its been very exciting, expensive and stressful all at the same time! I am excited to get to know fellow enjoyers of our salty friends.

Ole Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back,great to have people come back to the hobby,that shows your intrest and devotion.If there is anything the club can help you with feel free to call upon us and good reefing! :pray2:

Last edited:

Nikki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I emailed about joining the club in hopes of getting advice and wisdom about better reef keeping. However, soon I will be needing some advice/recommendations for companies to use for moving an aquarium. Last Thursday I had a pipe burst in my kitchen and flooded my house. I have not found out yet if the insurance will be ripping up the flooring, but if they do...the aquarium has to come out... I have NO idea how that is going to happen just yet.
I don't have high hopes that the flooring is staying =/ It is already creaking and making noises that it never did before and some of the planks are split down the center of the board. But the adjuster has yet to make a decision on all that.

But we shall see =)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back