Welcome!!! Please introduce yourself here.

OP
OP
Aquaph8

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

OP
OP
Aquaph8

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the site, old the the reef.

Hey Justin, glad you found the Tucson club forum. Please spread the word and help me get some activity going in here.

Sorry to intrude but I used to live in Tucson before I got into the hobby and occasionally go down to visit family( live in Phoenix now ), was wondering is there any good lfs to stop in while I'm passing through?? Thanx

---
I am here: Google Maps

Check out Simply Elegant Aquatics on Campbell just south of Glenn and SW saltwater on Oralce just south of Prince. PM me if you need better directions and Ill help ya out.

smadascott

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to this forum, moving over here from RC lol I am sure a lot of people do. I am currently a member of FRAG in the Phoenix area. Is it ok if I check out what is going on with the Tuscon reefers even though I live in Phoenix?

-Scott

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R Scott! Make yourself at home and post often!

OP
OP
Aquaph8

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Scott, your more than welcome. Glad to see you on R2R.

das19_2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my name is Daniel , I moved here in Tucson from Long Beach Ca, I used to have a 28 gal bio cube but had to give it away due to my family moving to Arizona, so I bought an 85 gal tank and slowly getting it started

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, my name is Jeff (hi jeff!) and I'm a (reef) addict. I've lived in Southern Arizona (SE of Tucson) for about 16 years now. I started in the saltwater aquarium hobby some time in the early 90's, but have been dormant for some time until now because of career. Finally got the go ahead from the wife to start up a new reef tank. I bought a used tank and 40 gallon sump from the manager of Fishy Bizness as it was one of his old personal tanks and I liked the dimensions of it (34X36X20), almost a cube "peninsula" with a built in center overflow.
I went ahead and built my own stand for it, and built it slightly larger than the footprint of the tank so as to leave lots of room for sump, skimmer, ATO, dosers, electronic gizmos and the like... As it's orientated in the house as a peninsula, the sump can be accessed from all three sides.
As of now, it really has just finished cycling (did a fishless cycle) so there's really not anything in it except about 75 lbs of Pukani and as of a few days ago a small clean up crew.
As far as equipment goes, it has a 40 gallon sump which I hard plumbed with pvc, a RO 3000SSS skimmer, Vectra M1 return pump, 2 Radion XR30w G4's, Apex controller, Tunze ATO, 2 Vortech mp40's, Kessil refugium light.
There's been a bit of a learning curve for me with the LED lights and especially the Apex. As I'm in the 50+ age group and the last time I was doing reef tanks I was in college. The advantage this time around is age and patients... and oh yeah... I'm not longer a poor, starving college student.
I guess my plans for the tank is SPS. Of course the wife has a say also, but her interests lie mainly with cute pretty fishies. And that's all right by me as long as I can keep her pointed to the reef appropriate species, I'll count that as a win.
The main difference this time around compared to the last time I had reef tanks, is that this time around, I'm designing the system for ease and automation. Also, back in the dark ages of my college years I didn't have the coin to drop on a MH lighting system to do the corals I wanted, so it was a mixed softie tank with an anemone (what a disaster that was, no more anemones for me please!).

I guess that's about it for now.

NeedMoreReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0912.JPG

Hello, my name is Josh. New to reef 2reef. Moved to Casa Grande. Back in the hobby again after a break.

Ghxst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What up T-Town Peeps! Where is all our people at? I know quite a few people that reef but not many online, am I missing something? Or is it because of the 4mbps limit Centeylink has on us? LOL

I’m just a bit shocked that in the 8 years this thread has been up it’s averaging 1/4 page per year. That ain’t right. Here’s my tank Currently. I’ve got enough corals to stock a much larger tank, it’s been a pain to “Bonzi” them to keep it in check. Please excuse the dirty glass and frag rack city.

5C2A2728-E9C4-4BB2-AFA1-BC646E605417.jpeg

911C130E-7435-4B08-BEAB-1F9CCCBB9AE4.jpeg

Ghxst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently took out all the established sps and redid the rock work cause of the 5 year itch. Now I miss my old looking established corals. These little hottie frags arent doing it for me.

35EAF047-7948-4407-8C54-850474EE2645.jpeg

Ghxst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The monti that is low and just left of mid is a rainbow monti, super bright green polyps and it changes to orange, yellow and red polyps in new growth and frags.

Back