Welcome to our newest sponsor Algae Barn!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ReelRednekReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what they told me....

Our OceanMagik Live Phyto blend will last 4 weeks when stored in the fridge- it can be used until it starts to smell like rotten egg, indicating expiration. As directed, a 16oz bottle would last your 90gal approx. 2 weeks. We also offer a 32oz bottle of OceanMagik for $25 which is the size I would recommend for a normally stocked 90gal tank per month. Keep in mind that there is a difference between a tank with 2 corals and a tank with 200. While we give a good generalized dosing measure it is by no means set in stone and should be adjusted on a case by case basis depending on your tanks needs and your personal goals. Some dose daily and others only once per week, it is up to you!

Lan

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just wondering what's the shelf life of your phyto if kept in the refrigerator I'd like to use it in my tank but not sure how much to order. I see lots of information on " dosing" of the phyto and of storing it in a cool place but not how long it lasts. So if you don't mind enlighten us. By the way great prices.

The phyto will last at least 4 weeks when stored in the fridge. If you shake it up real well and leave the lid off towards the end of the 4 weeks you can usually squeeze another week or two out of it. The nice thing with this product is that when it expires it smells like rotten eggs and the smell provides an easy indicator of expiration. As long as it doesn't smell, it is good to use!

Lan

shornik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I've ordered from them once and the pods and phyto were great, I'll be ordering again soon.

Dextereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome welcome! I am setting up a new system so I will give you guys a go! Thank you for the discount code! 20% is huge!

Larry L

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys have some great products, I've gotten pods and phyto from them and I highly recommend them.

Gopi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I just placed an order for pods and phyto. I can't wait to see how they do!

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just a reminder that the coupon code "Reef2Reef" is good for 20% off your entire order until the end of the month! The $40 Pods & Phyto Pack will still ship FREE even with the discount applied. Free Shipping on orders $40 and up is always calculated on the before discount order total. Thats just how we roll!

We harvest, pack and ship every Mon-Wed with a cutoff of 12pm MST on each day respectively. Contact me at [email protected] if you would like to upgrade from USPS Priority 2-3 day shipping to Fed-Ex 2day or overnight! As always, every order we ship regardless of the shipping option is 100% Alive On Arrival (AOA) Guaranteed. www.algaebarn.com

Lan

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back