Well I did it....I got a red reef gyre

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you who don’t know, which is probably all of you, But, I have wanted a Gyre. I wanted a wave pump with a comprehensive app and physical controller. I wanted one pump in my tank. So you figure ok you’re choices are Ice Cap, Red Sea or Maxspect...

and what did I do? I went out and bought an AI Nero.....

now I have my gyre and I feel happy.

OP
OP
BullyBee

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put it in my QT tank just to see. My display tank is being built. I can actually see the gyre movement in a little 20g tank. In my 40 it’s gonna be sweet.

the app is nothing special. Don’t get me wrong it’s pretty user friendly and it only took 4X to get connected.the controller is sweet. It’s nice to have a full on controller and an app to do everything.

I took it apart Like 10x just to see how it works and for maintenance. Kinda like I used to do with firearms.

aside from having no idea how it is longevity wise, I love it. It’s what I wanted to begin with but I convinced myself it was a “toy” and not a tool or necessity for Marine life.
I was wrong,

the whole reason I went with it is because I only wanted 1 pump for my 40 breeder. 2 might not seem like a big deal, one on each side, but it does take up real estate.

I’m just waiting for my 40 breeder to be complete.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back